SUMMER PROGRAM INFORMATION
The National Academy Orchestra of Canada completed a very successful “hybrid” program in 2022. This included some live, safe, outdoor performances in addition to online seminars and masterclasses with distinguished mentors from around the world.
The NAO and Brott Music Festival are committed to providing the best orchestral training program possible.
Currently, we are planning a fully in-person 2023 summer training and performance session.
SUMMER SESSION DATES
Monday, June 19, 2023 to Sunday, August 20, 2023*
(dates subject to change)
- Resident orchestra of the Brott Music Festival, Canada’s largest orchestral music festival.
- Guest Concertmasters | Guest Mentors | Guest Conductors | International Soloists.
- Masterclasses | Seminars | Mock Auditions | Repertoire Sessions | Private Lessons.
- Full orchestra session reflects a professional orchestra rehearsal and performance schedule.
(scroll down for more)
FINANCIAL & ELIGIBILITY
- NAO apprentices receive a minimum of $450 CDN/week*.
- Successful candidates are responsible for finding accommodations.
- Applicants must be 18-30 years old, a post-secondary degree is preferred but not necessary.
- Open only to Canadian citizens, landed immigrants or people here in Canada on a student visa. You much have a valid Canadian social insurance number.
- Orff: Carmina Burana
- Vivaldi: Four Seasons (selected NAO members to solo)
- Verdi: La Traviata
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade
- Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique
And much, much more ...